Zac Medico wrote:

>--- Ognjen Bezanov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I set the portage_tmpdir in my make.conf file, and
>>have tried emerging
>>some packages. But there is a problem, because i
>>keep getting errors no
>>matter what I emerge, the error looks like this:
>>
>>..etc..../ebuild.sh  ./configure: /bin/sh: bad
>>interpreter: Permission
>>denied
>>
>>and yes, I am running as root. Anyone got any tips?
>>
>>P.S please CC me, i dont trust my email address
>>

>Hi Ognjen,
>
>Somebody already said that the problem must be that
>you have the noexec option on that partition because
>of the way it is mounted.  See the manpage for mount.
>
>Zac
>

>__________________________________
>Discover Yahoo!
>Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and more. Check it out!
>http://discover.yahoo.com/

Sorry I didnt get that reply. Either way to answer that question, no - i
do not have the noexec option in my fstab (where the drive is
automounted). This is the line in my fstab:

/dev/hda6   /mnt/storage   reiserfs   notail,exec,user

What could the problem be? It is strange because if I type:

mount /dev/hda6 /mnt/storage -o exec

it works.

What do I need to add to my fstab to get it working normally?

thanks.