JDK is more than likely the one you want, the difference is exactly as
you said, one is supposed to be just runtime environment (what most
Windows users get to view java on web pages) whereas JDK lets you
build java applications on your machine.  You can probably ignore that
line with jre-bin seeing as how the JDK provides everything the JRE
provides and then some (If you use java-config to set your java to a
JRE, it informs you several functions are missing).  They both point
you to the same website, but from there you can choose which to
download, including rpm binaries and documentation, though you'll want
the one that matches the filename portage instructed you to use.