Remy Blank wrote:

> This mostly does it. However, I found that Thunderbird still sometimes
> misses new messages in subfolders, and only finds them when you click on it.
>
> I'm not sure if this is a Thunderbird or a courier-imap problem, though...

Could be both...
>From /etc/courier-imap/imapd

##NAME: IMAP_CHECK_ALL_FOLDERS:0
#
# Set IMAP_CHECK_ALL_FOLDERS to 1 if you want the server to check for new
# mail in every folder.  Not all IMAP clients use the IMAP's new mail
# indicator, but some do.  Normally new mail is checked only in INBOX,
# because it is a comparatively time consuming operation, and it would be
# a complete waste of time unless mail filters are used to deliver
# mail directly to folders.
#
# When IMAP clients are used which support new mail indication, and when
# mail filters are used to sort incoming mail into folders, setting
# IMAP_CHECK_ALL_FOLDERS to 1 will allow IMAP clients to announce new
# mail in folders.  Note that this will result in slightly more load on the
# server.
#

IMAP_CHECK_ALL_FOLDERS=1

/Naga