On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 00:13:14 +0200, Luigi Pinna wrote:

> Ok, in this case a question: which other cards support a good 3D?
> If I don't buy ATI or NVIDEA, but other one.... Can I use UT2004? I
> need 3D only to play... But I don't want to have a expensive card...
> And ATI and NVIDEA start to 50 ___....

You wouldn't be able to use anything with an open source driver for this.
Not if UT2004 is the same as UT2003 in this respect. That game required a
certain T&L algorithm for its 3D, one that uses proprietary code. The
source for this cannot be released, which is why nVidia cannot open
source their Linux drivers unless they remove this code. Then the card
would only run UT under Windows, providing ammo for the "Linux sucks"
brigade.

--
Neil Bothwick

The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.