Hi,

I did not use esync, I did not even know about it, and I do not recall seeing it in install docs...
It is quite strange why equery (which is in gentoolkit package) relies on eupdatedb (which is in esearch package), and gentoolkit does not depend on esearch.
If it were not for your answer, I wouldn't have known about esync and eupdatedb.
I think maybe the install docs should be updated, or at least put esearch as a dependency of gentoolkit.

Regards, and thanks for your answer,
Catalin

Wade Brown wrote:
Equery, esearch, and einfo (I think) are from an index built by
running eupdatedb.  I'd imagine you're using esync which is just a
very small script that does emerge sync && eupdatedb, so doing a fresh
esync would alleviate the problem you seem to be having, albeit with a
bit of overkill.  Just run eupdatedb as root and see if everything
updates properly.