Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I have a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2412 in my portable.
> > #lshw <reveals>:
> > *-cdrom
> >                    product: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2412
> >                    vendor: Toshiba
> >                    capabilities: packet atapi cdrom
> > removable nonmagnetic dma lba iordy audio cd-r cd-rw dvd

> /dev/cdroms/cdrom0   /mnt/cdrom   iso9660  user,noauto,ro 0 0
OK this got rid of the error in K3b.

> You should be able to do all you can do with your drive, in your case,
> I believe you can read cds and read dvds, but as far as I know, you
> can't burn cds, its a dvd drive, not a cdrw or a combo. (at least
> considering the name, I may be wrong)

Well, the last line from 'lshw' says it is a cd-rw

That implies I should be able to write to the CD?

The page:    http://www.toshiba-europe.com/storage/
Index.asp?page=PCI&nav=ISH_PRS&model=SDR2412

tells me the drive has CD rw capabilities. Maybe I missed the correct
driver in the kernel?

James