On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

My question is, you know in gnome-terminal you can select whether to use "system
terminal font", what font is this? it seems to be the issue. I *could* simply
increase the font size in all affected apps but I shouldnt have to do that.

It is your Terminal font setting in the Gnome font preferences. You can change it with 'gnome-font-properties'.

Others have suggested expliciting setting the dpi in xorg.conf but again, I
never had to do that before so why now? Right now its 75x75 dpi. I have no idea
what it was before this font issue.

How are you starting xfce? The xfce startup scripts should override the default dpi setting with 96 dpi. If it doesn't you could try that value in xorg.conf

HTH
--
T.G.