On 15/04/2010 09:20, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> You probably don't want to hear this, but:
>
> vixie-cron is problematic in the extreme. I have endless hassle with it's
> weird behaviours.
>
> Use a different cron daemon.

I don't mind hearing this :) I only use vixie-cron as that is what I
started with (I think from the old install documents), I'm not tied to
it at all. I has worked perfectly on several installs until this problem
appeared.

I've switched to fcron on that machine and it seems to be ok so far,
only time will tell. From now on I'll use fcron by default to avoid this
problem happening again.

Thanks