If you are still having trouble with xorg, the best source of error information
is the file /var/log/Xorg.0.log, which is created every time you run xorg.

Also, the Gento web site has several articles on xorg which can provide
additional help, although not all information is in one place.

There I found that you can add the alt_control_backspace control into the conf
file under Options:
Option: "XkbdOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp". I have never dried this
myself. Good luck.