Hi,

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:52:11 +0200
smoke3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/24/05, Michal Pronay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Looks like your mouse is broken, try booting some livecd like knoppix
> > for example.
>
> Easy way, but not the right one: my mouse is new and does function on
> other computers running M$...

Hm, OK, other computers... What about the computer you want to use it
with? What does it do if you try another OS? When the mouse is
considered OK, then there's the computer left...

I'd also check
* BIOS settings regarding the mouse
* the right PS/2 plug (not that keyboard one...)
* dmesg output regarding the psaux driver
* another PS/2 mouse (this isn't clear from your postings if there was
  one before you bought the new one)

-hwh