Hi,

Currently I am setting up a new system on a new harddisc.

I dont want the full blown KDE/GNOME as session manager -- I prefer
a smaller solution: Openbox as windowmanager and using
a handfull kde/gnome application where it is handy.

Up to now I emerged this apllications -- namely k3b and kaffeine --
and thought everything needed would be pulled in also.

But something seems to be wrong: kaffeine does not find my dvb-t
device (which vlc finds and plays TV without problems) and k3b
does not find any burner/reader-device, but they do exist
(/dev/sr[01]).

My userid are assigned the groups audio,video,cdrom,cdrw beside others.

hald and dbus-daemon are running and X is using hald which success.

Is there any other things I need to emerge additionally?
Any kde-daemon or such?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!
Have a nice weekend ! :)
Best regards,
mcc