Kaddeh <kaddeh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> it would help to also put your /etc/fstaband let us know what FS you have
> root
setup asin addition to your /boot/grub/grub.conf
> 2010/6/20 rocwhite168 <rocwhite168 <at> 163.com>
> I used genkernel to configure the kernel. It complained every time at
> shutdown
that

> "Code: Bad EIP value.

> do_IRQ: 0.43 No irq handler for vector (irq -1)".
> I had to press the power button to shut down the machine. How should I solve
this problem?

> On the other hand, I'm trying to configure the kernel manually. I did this
according to several online tutorials, but it still won't even start up: "Root
filesystem could not be mounted read/write." Can anyone please have a look at
my
configuration? Thank you very much!

> Roc

fstab
--------------------------------------
/dev/sda1               /boot           ext4            noauto,noatime  1 2
/dev/sda5               /               ext4            noatime         0 1
/dev/sda3               /usr            ext4            noatime         0 2
/dev/sda4               /home           ext4            noatime         0 2
/dev/sda7               /tmp            ext4            noatime         0 0
/dev/sda6               none            swap            sw              0 0
shm                     /dev/shm        tmpfs           nodev,nosuid,noexec
0 0

grub.conf
--------------------------------------
default 0
timeout 3
#splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz

title Gentoo Linux 2.6.31-r10
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.31-gentoo-r10 root=/dev/sda5

title Gentoo Linux 2.6.31-r10 -- genkernel
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.31-gentoo-r10 root=/dev/ram0
init=/linuxrc
ramdisk=8192 real_root=/dev/sda5
initrd /boot/initramfs-genkernel-x86-2.6.31-gentoo-r10

The first entry is for the manual configuration, while the second one is for
the
kernel generated by genkernel.

Thanks,
Roc