On 6/23/2010 1:56 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 23.06.2010 04:27, schrieb kashani:

     I updated from a Q6600 to an i7 860 recently. Not amazing speed
wise, but I can run 8 threads and use more than 8GB of RAM. The RAM was
the big thing for me. If you're planning to do a lot with VMs I'd
suggest at least an extra drive if not more if you can swing it.

You mean for storing the VMs?
I have two drives locally now, RAID1 mostly. And I also test storing VMs
on an nfsV4-storage via gigabit ethernet. Quite OK. And NFS-storage is
more quiet ;-)

That's works. :-) I was doing a fair amount of rpm building, svn to git with large trees, kickstart, Mysql, and Puppet work at a job a few months ago which was hitting the host fairly hard. Between the above and Outlook getting an extra drive to isolate the host OS from the VMs was a requirement. Much smoother after that.

kashani