On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 12:21:06AM +0100, Mick wrote

> Check again using 'iconfig -a'.
>
> You should see a IPv6-in-IPv4 interface there.  Normally, this would
> not be up unless you have set up some fancy tunnel with your ISP
> who would be terminating your IPv6 link.  My ISP offers this but
> have not as yet found a use for it.

  Thanks for pointing out IPV6 to me.  Since this is a brand new machine
with different components from my other system, I couldn't copy over
.config, so I had to configure the kernel manually.  In the process, I
forgot to disable IPV6.  The presence of IPV6 causes sit0 to show up.  I
removed IPV6, and a regular hibernate works OK now.  Thanks again.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>