Another little glitch on my new machine.  I have hibernate enabled for
my regular user account via /etc/sudoers.  The command fails due to an
error in NetworkStop.  Switching to root, and running hibernate with the
verbose "-v3" option, I see the following...

hibernate: [60] Executing NetworkStop ...
Bringing down interface eth0
 * Stopping eth0
 *   Bringing down eth0
 *     Shutting down eth0 ...                                     [ ok ]
Bringing down interface sit0
hibernate: Aborting suspend due to errors in NetworkStop (use --force to
override).

  Hibernate dies trying to bring down "sit0".  Huh???  I've checked...
- no /etc/init.d/net.sit0
- only eth0 is mentioned in /etc/conf.d/net
- ifconfig only shows "eth0" and "lo"
- lspci only shows one ethernet controller

  For now, I've enabled hibernate with the --force option in sudoers,
but I'm not comfortable with it.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>