On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 06:04:59PM -0700, walt wrote

> When companies that rich and powerful push web-only services as the
> answer to their revenue prayers, I suspect they may be able to win.

  The answer to that is Gnumeric/Abiword, unless MS/Google get them
outlawed.  OpenOffice (Bleagh) and KOffice (Bleagh) are bloated, but
some people still use them.

> If the trend continues, only port 80 will be in use in a few years.
> Will the black hat hackers be unhappy about that?  Dunno, but I'd
> guess not.

  Hackers will be very happy and clients will be very vulnerable...
duhhhh, nice profitable company youse got there Mr. CEO.  It would be a
shame if something terrible should happen to your cashflow, like your
internet connection was killed by a backhoe, or a DDOS attack.  Now, for
only a few thousand dollars per month in protection, wese can see to it
that nothing terrible happens to your beautiful cashflow.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>