On 07/07/10 15:50, Mick wrote:
> On Monday 05 July 2010 23:46:54 Jake Moe wrote:
>
>> I've recently installed a new system, and can't seem to get UVESAFB
>> working properly.  I've set up everything in the kernel, and modified
>> GRUB's menu.lst to use the framebuffer.  However, even though there
>> doesn't seem to be any errors, I can't seem to get anything other than
>> "default" resolution with far too large fonts.
>>
>> I've compared dmesg info, GRUB configs and kernel configs between this
>> laptop, and another laptop that has UVESAFB running fine, and am at a
>> loss to find what's wrong.
>>
> Stating the obvious, have you emerged fbcondecor, ran /etc/init.d/fbcondecor
> start and then added it to your boot runlevel?

Thanks for the reply.  But...

j...@aus10373 ~ $ eix fbcondecor
No matches found.
j...@aus10373 ~ $ eix fb -a con
No matches found.
j...@aus10373 ~ $ eix fb -a decor
No matches found.

Erm, wossat then?  Are you thinking of bootsplash?  Besides, this is
something that happens long before the initscripts run; the screen
should go from GRUB to "standard" console for a moment, then it should
change to the framebuffer console.

Jake Moe