Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 01:54, George Roberts wrote:
I have noticed in the last couple days that rolling the wheel on my
mouse is not scrolling through webpages or email.
I checked my /etc/X11/xorg.conf and it had not been changed.  Just to be
sure it is not a broken mouse I booted into Mandrake and tested it
there, mouse scrolled like a charm.  After I booted back to Gentoo, the
mouse was still not working.  I decided to steal the setting from
Mandrake's XF86Config, since it was working there.
I changed my /etc/X11/xorg.conf from:
   Identifier    "Mouse1"
   Driver    "mouse"
   Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"
   Option "Device"      "/dev/input/mouse0"
   Option        "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

   Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"

should be
   Option "Protocol"    "ImPS/2"

and the wheel should start working
Thanks that did it. Opps your right that was the original setting in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf. After chasing my tail trying different settings, only to find that X had changed files, I had forgotten where I started. Thanks again.