On Wednesday 27 July 2005 20:54, Luigi Pinna wrote:
> Alle 01:18, giovedì 28 luglio 2005, Pupeno ha scritto:
> > Hello,
> > I want to have the /home of my laptop encripted, with an external key
> > (in a CD or floppy, until I get an usb pain drive), specially to be
> > able to change the passphrase easily and have various medias with
> > different passphrases and the same key (so, my wife can uses her own
> > passphrase), is this possible ? it'll be the non written 13th item
> > here:
> > http://www.sdc.org/~leila/usb-dongle/readme.html, right ?
> > Any docs that explains how to achieve this (as close as possible to
> > Gentoo). Thanks.
>
> I have my home encrypt...
> But I cannot change the passphrase!
I don't want a fixed passphrase.

> I use the dm-crypt from the kernel....
I've read that it is unsecure and I also read that it is not yet vory well
suported.

> With these options, I can create a dynamic passphrase...
What is a dynamic passphrase ?

> You don't need a key (that someone can keep and force) but the key is
> created from the passphrase: that means that without that word works
> nothing,but you need a good password (and please, don't write it on the
> monitor ;-) ...)
I know I don't need a key, but I do want a key (stored in a remobable modia)
encripted with a passphrase I will be able to change, or best, my wife can
have the key protected with a different passphrase than I do.
Beyond that, encripting with a key is much better than doing that with a
passphrase because the passphrase can be cracked (dictionary attack) while
the key-encripted that can't.

Thanks.
--
Pupeno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (http://pupeno.com)