On Saturday 28 August 2010 03:31:58 Grant wrote:
> I just got a new TP-Link TL-WR1043ND wireless router but I can't seem
> connect to it.  I've tried the Gentoo initscript as well as wicd.
> With the initscript, I get:
>
> wlan3: carrier lost
> wlan3: timed out
>
> I see a lot of this in dmesg:
>
> b43-phy0 ERROR: MAC suspend failed
>
> I can connect to other wireless routers just fine, and I can connect
> to this one via ethernet.  I've tried configuring it in various ways,
> security is disabled, and I've tried specifying static IPs with no
> luck.  Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Check that you're using the latest kernel and the latest firmware.  I used to
get this error with a particular cisco access point and it went away when I
updated to 2.6.34 kernel series and also updated the firmware.  Have a good
look in here to find the latest suitable firmware for your NIC:

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#devicefirmware
--
Regards,
Mick