On Sunday 12 September 2010 17:27:36 alain.didierj...@free.fr wrote:
> Selon alain.didierj...@free.fr:
> > Selon Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com>:

> > such
>
> <snip>

> > as

> > > Deselect that which is deprecated and will be removed soon and select
> > > the appropriate SCSI drivers for your drives.  There's been a few
> > > messages on this
> > > list explaining how to go about it.
> >
> > Done. Works both for cdrom unit and old IDE disk, whch now are know as
> > sr0 (ex hda) and sdc (wax hdc). cdrecord --checkdrive says
> >

> > But that silly k3b returns
> > No optical drive found.
> > K3b did not find any optical device in your system.
> > Solution : Make sure HAL daemon is running, it is used by K3b for finding
> > devices.
> >
> >  and on the terminal
>
> Finally solved, a matter of permissions for cdrecord and cdrdao, as
> explained in /usr/share/doc/k3b-2.0.0/PERMISSIONS.bz2. I've been fooled by
> this stupid error message. Thanks to all who helped,

Glad you solved it!

My permissions are:

$ ls -la /usr/bin/cdrecord
-rws--x--x 1 root root 314352 Jul 22 16:51 /usr/bin/cdrecord

$ ls -la /usr/bin/cdrdao
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 569352 Jul 22 16:55 /usr/bin/cdrdao

and I had to add my user to the cdrom group, but both of the above binaries
are not in the cdrom group.
--
Regards,
Mick