> Just let the project grow. It does not require anyone jumping into
> it to stick with it for long time. All I'm proposing right now is
> adopt the model, which makes collaboration w/ other distros easier.
> It's something like an aggreement as FHS.

Hope you have the power to go that way far enough on your own until it
becomes interesting for more people.

> BTW: meanwhile I've build some automatic import mechanisms
> (unfortunately, this approach won't work well for Gentoo, as I
> don't have the fundamental data for it available, especially some
> deterministic mapping between upstream tarball and the patches
> to apply ... that probably would require some kind of fake-emerge)

I did good progress with Gentoo on Cygwin this WE. 3 big packages are
directly before me now: Python, Portage and GCC.

> Hey, wait a minute ... we were talking about OSS-QM, thats completely
> different project. Briegel is a build system (somewhat similar to
> portage, but yet quite different concepts behind), which just happens
> to work smoothly w/ oss-qm.

A build system needs sources and patches to build. So I think they are
related. If your patch import system works, it can become very
interesting. You can run something similar to Gentoo without the need
of a big community at the beginning. So you have all freedom to
customize it just the way you want it.

Al