On 10/07/2010 05:41 AM, Willie Wong wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 04:01:14AM -0400, dhk wrote:
>>
>> I thought all the auto tools were in the autotoolset, that's not the
>> case.  It looks like the only tool I use in autotoolset is acmkdir.  If
>> I remove autotoolset, how can I get acmkdir back?  Even though it's not
>> necessary, it's a nice tool for starting a project.
>
> I have somewhat of a suspicious that `acmkdir' may be just a shell
> script? (Never used it, so I don't know.) If so then you can just find
> it on your system and copy it to /usr/local/bin or something like that
> (it possibly copies the templates from somewhere else, so you will
> need to find those also).
>
> Note that it may make use of deprecated autotool commands, and if not
> updated, may break in the future.
>
> HTH,

Yes, it is a shell script.  It makes the necessary files and directories
to get start a project.  After running it with a name for your project
directory you get something like the following in that directory.

AUTHORS         config        COPYING  m4           README     src
autom4te.cache  configure     doc      Makefile.am  README.in  THANKS
ChangeLog       configure.ac  INSTALL  NEWS         reconf