YoYo Siska schreef:
> Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>>What I would like is a way to change the date of specific files to a
>>specific date (in the past), without "changing" (editing) them, which is
>>not an option with the original Morrowind files (or, if it is possible,
>>it's only so with additional external tools and a whole lot of difficulty).
>>
>>Is this even possible to do? Now that I've said it "out loud", it
>>doesn't sound like something Linux would want me to do at all, but
>>perhaps there's some reason that server admins might need to do such a
>>thing, in which case Linux definitely provides a way to do it.
>>

> if you just want to change the (modification/acces) time of a file:
>
> man touch
>
> see the -t or -d option
> (-r can be handy too)
>

> yoyo

Thank you both very much... one small step further towards cli guruhood
(I've heard of touch, but that's about all I could say about it, until now).

FWIW, the problem actually was that the file dates were too recent; as
soon as I copied over the same-original-but-older-timestamp files to the
game directory (because I did that before you guys told me about touch)
and fired up the game, all of a sudden, the new textures from the
plugin(s) were visible (overriding the original as they were supposed to).

So I'm happy to know that there's a much easier way to do it, while I
wait to see if anyone has more help on the liflg forums than what I've
got so far :-) .

Thanks again.

Holly