Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:

> This isn't such a problem with 10" netbooks where the keyboards tend to
> be around 92% of full size. On the other hand, my old Eee PC 900 didn't
> work well with my fat fingers (the fat fingers are on both hands, not
> just the other one).

Thanks for all the good view pionts on hardware.

I'll post back when I find potential hardware.
I do like the idea of SSD, but I am leaning towards
a HD for now, but in a 10" screen for small size.
Web and email are most it is for, but, I do
want the kid to be able to boot W7 and Gentoo,
as the teachers at school want windoze......

His pals all like Ubuntoo, so I figured I'd set
up Gentoo on his box (or show him the manual) and
help him with the install.....He's been using
Gentoo for a couple of years. Now it's time to
deepen the learning curve.........

cheers!

James