Apparently, though unproven, at 19:29 on Sunday 21 November 2010, Mick did
opine thusly:

> I know this is somewhat off-topic but I am losing friends here by telling
> them all the time that they should install Linux or at least install and
> configure VNC if they need my help ...  plus some of them I don't mind
> helping anyway.
>
> Lesser MSWindows versions do not seem to allow connections via RDP and
> therefore rdesktop and krdc will not connect to them without some VNC
> server running on the Windows machine.
>
> Meanwhile Windows has this 'Remote Assistance' function, which allows what
> it says and uses PRNP (Peer Name Resolution Protocol).
>
> I've been trying to find a Linux tool to connect to a Windows box which has
> issued a PRNP invitation, but can't find a means of doing this.  Is this
> all completely proprietary or is there some UPnP linux solution that
> works?

First I'd fix the human/social problems, then the technical ones.

If you lose friends because you can't help them with Windows... Jezz.

The tell them to install TightVNC as otherwise there's didly-squat you can do

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com