Alan McKinnon <[email protected]> writes:

> Apparently, though unproven, at 14:51 on Wednesday 01 December 2010, Allan 
> Gottlieb did opine thusly:
>
>> Yesterday my ~amd64 machine updated python.  I ran the
>> python-updater and all seemed well.
>> 
>> However, this morning wicd is failing.  The first indication was a
>> never-seen-before popup stating "Granted permissions without asking for
>> password" (full text below)
>
> A few things:
>
> That error has nothing to do with the failure. The notice clearly says it is 
> not a failure, but a notice.

Right.  I just mentioned it as it seemed to show that something
had changed.

> Second, you are using python-2.7 and wicd does not run under 2.7.

this is indeed the proglem

> If you go to the wicd bugzilla and search for bugs under the name 
> "Nickolas Grigoriadis" you will find the bug and the fix. I don't think the 
> fix is in the current code.

I couldn't find nickolas in the bugzilla, but could find the bug
in https://bugs.launchpad.net/wicd/+bugs

It is the 2nd one listed
Summary                                     Importance      Status
602825  wicd doesnt like python 2.7             High    Fix Committed

(there are only 2 bugs with importance listed high)

However version 1.7.1 (with the fix) hasn't been released yet.
I am surprised since the released version doesn't work with
python 2.7.

Should I file a gentoo bug to have them apply the patch (actually there
were two given, but one seems to be preferred)?  Am I wrong in thinking
that as of today wicd doesn't run on an unpatched gentoo ~amd64?

thanks,
allan

Reply via email to