On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 09:20 -0400, fire-eyes wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 14:45 +0200, Fernando Meira wrote:
> > How stable is e17? The new stuff worth it? Any comments about this?
>
> E17 is still beta or maybe even just alpha code. It is not stable by a
> long shot, and I find it rather difficult to use, when everything
> compiles (it often doesn't).
>
> For experimenting I would say go ahead, and you can find a nice guide on
> this at:
>
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_emerge_e17
>
> Just remember it's very early code, and it may or may not build from one
> day to the next.
>
> But it's neat to toy with :)

I run this every day to recompile from CVS.  Somtimes it compiles,
sometimes it doesnt, but I dont really care.  I don't think it is
difficult to use at all, you will rarely need to change much from the
command line.  The only thing that can be a bitch is making all the eapp
files, but you can get other peoples' and use them.

echo ">=x11-wm/e-9999 -*
>=dev-db/edb-9999 -*
>=dev-libs/eet-9999 -*
>=media-libs/imlib2-9999 -*
>=media-libs/imlib2_loaders-9999 -*
>=x11-libs/evas-9999 -*
>=x11-libs/ecore-9999 -*
>=media-libs/epeg-9999 -*
>=media-libs/epsilon-9999 -*
>=dev-libs/embryo-9999 -*
>=media-libs/edje-9999 -*
>=x11-libs/esmart-9999 -*
>=media-libs/etox-9999 -*
>=x11-libs/ewl-9999 -*
>=dev-libs/engrave-9999 -*
>=dev-util/e_utils-9999 -*
>=x11-misc/entrance-9999 -*
>=app-misc/evidence-9999 -*
>=x11-misc/engage-9999 -*
>=media-gfx/elicit-9999 -*
>=media-gfx/entice-9999 -*
>=media-video/elation-9999 -*
>=media-video/envision-9999 -*
>=app-misc/examine-9999 -*
>=media-libs/emotion-9999 -*
>=mail-client/embrace-9999 -*
>=net-news/erss-9999 -*
>=media-video/eclair-9999 -*
>=sci-calculators/equate-9999 -*
>=x11-plugins/e_modules-9999 -*" > /etc/portage/package.keywords &&
emerge -v edb eet imlib2 imlib2_loaders evas ecore epeg epsilon embryo
edje esmart emotion etox ewl e engrave e_utils entrance evidence engage
elicit entice elation envision examine equate erss embrace eclair
e_modules