On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 16:51 +0000, Fernando Meira wrote:
> Thank you all for answering :)
>
> I'm getting the feeling that I should go for e17 after what I've been
> seeing and reading!!! (though a few guys returned back to e16
> afterwards).
>
> Luke, you been using it for 3 months and never used e16. So, would you
> said that I should start my experience with enlightenment wm in its
> newer version and skip the learning stage in its stable version? :)

I dont see any reason not to try e17.  I also dont see any reason not to
try e16 if you think it looks interesting as well.  I think e17 is going
to be, if its not already, better in just about every way than e16.

I don't think that emergeing e17 will overwrite e16, because the
executable for e17 is called enlightenment-0.17, which probably was done
intentionally so that "enlightenment" from e16 wouldnt be overwritten