John wrote:

Hi Gentoo Users

I have just upgraded to xorg-server 1.9.2
but unfortunately my keyboard is not recognising gb layout

I have copied across use-estonian-layout.fdi.bz2
to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-xinput-configuration.fdi
and altered to gb.

Rebooted etc but still keyboard is wrong.

Is this still the correct file to change or should I be using xorg.conf?

I have renamed to 10-keymap.fdi but does not make a difference.

Following gentoo documentation.

I don't think that version uses hal, but uses udev. Is the udev USE flag enabled?

I think you may want to try using a xorg.conf file but I'm not certain it is required. I gave up on hal a long time ago so I still have my file here.

Dale

:-)  :-)