Hi,

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 07:21:25 -0400
Craig Zeigler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is a pretty cool idea, but I wonder what the range on something
> like this is. Considering that the transmitting capability of a PCMCIA
> card isn't very high. Do you risk burning out the card or the slot by
> forcing more power to it? will the PCMCIA bus permit diverting more
> power to a card?

Huh? "Forcing more power to the card"?!? You mean, increase the
current? Or how else do you want to archieve that? Nah, this wouldn't
work. You'd have to set up power level by means of the pcmcia card,
that is by using "iwconfig ... power ...", in most cases.

Well, and I know a few PCMCIA cards that do 100mWatts output. In fact,
a whole bunch of APs internally use standard WLAN cards that are just
flashed with a different Firmware.

-hwh