meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
Hi,

got some problems here with the Flash Player Plugin and Firefox and
may other parts.

If I play a video from for example youtube there remains some rests
(one frame of the video, the controlling "taskbar" of the player
or parts of them) "in the system": Everytime I open something with a
black background (mrxvt for example) I see these "frozen parts" even
if firefox has been closed.

Restarting X or openbox does not help ... I have to reboot to wipe
that from my videocard.

My system:
nVidia Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 430] (rev a1) built by MSI (PCIe)
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
Phenom X6 1090T
recent Gentoo AMD64

This is a recent feature...previously I have had no problems with this
setup...

Where do I have to dig for the bug?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!

Best regards,
mcc

I don't know if this is related or not but if I open several tabs that have videos on them, after I go through a couple tabs, the videos disappears. I have to reload the page to get it to show up again. It's as if it can only load so many then loses its cache or something.

I know these are not the same but could it be that flash is broken somehow? Maybe the video drivers has a issue? I'm sort of like you, looks like yours is a video card or driver issue but not real sure.

BTW, I'm amd64 as well, have a GT-220 nvidia card, 4 core CPU, and it did this when I had 4Gbs of ram and after my recent upgrade to 8Gbs.

I'm using x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-260.19.29 for my drivers. Are we using the same drivers but just slightly different problems?

Dale

:-)  :-)