On 02/19/2011 10:14 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Nikos Chantziaras<rea...@arcor.de>  wrote:
On 02/19/2011 08:32 PM, Dale wrote:

Mark Knecht wrote:

<SNIP>
Don't forget to enable udev as Mike suggested too. I put mine in the USE
line. After all, about all hardware now uses udev to see hardware.

You only need "evdev".  "keyboard" and "mouse" are deprecated drivers. They
have bugs that no one appears to be fixing anymore.

That's good to know. As I said, I was guessing. I'll remove them from my setup.

Should I be enabling udev globally in make.conf? I'm currently not. I
do have it on xorg-server so I'm not seeing the OP's issue, but I
never wanted to get into making my own udev rules.

I can only comment on what individual packages do with the udev flag. I can't possibly know what each and every package in portage does when udev is enabled globally :-/