Am Mon, 21 Feb 2011 04:09:27 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com>:

> Ok,
>
> so I have this card in pretty much equal AMD64 systems:
> ATI Technologies Inc RV710 [Radeon HD 4350].

I have an RV730 (Radeon HD 4650).

[...]
> I think I munge up the /lib/radeon part of setting up
> the kernel (kms) for loading the microcode, but, I cannot
> seem to fine a url or thread where instructions are
> for that.... (even though I did find it over a week ago
> in another thread).

You already solved your problem, but this might be useful for future reference:
http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonBuildHowTo#TroubleshootingExtraFirmwareforR600.2BAC8-R700.2BAC8-Evergreen

> In the kernel, under the Generic section, I have:
> CONFIG_FW_LOADER=y
> CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL=y
> CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE="radeon"
> CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE_DIR="/lib/firmware"
>
> Correct?
>
> Ideas?

This thread got me to recheck my setup, and it appears that you do not need to
set up the firmware stuff in the kernel at all. My kernel setup:

    >> (0) % zgrep -i firmware /proc/config.gz
    CONFIG_PREVENT_FIRMWARE_BUILD=y
    # CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL is not set
    CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE=""