Hi folks,

I noticed something weird but I'm not sure what to even search for to get a fix. When I play a video with Seamonkey or Firefox, then close the tab or close the browser, the video is still there. If the video contains text, it is really noticeable. It's like a freeze frame of what ever was there when I closed the tab or browser. It does this in both Seamonkey and Firefox. The video affects my desktop wallpaper or background, Konsole, Kpatience, and any other program I have open. It is weird. Some programs like Konsole, which is running as root, just sort of distort in some weird way. The only way to correct this weirdness is to log out of KDE and back in. That returns everything back to normal. Closing the app I was using to play the video does not work.

If I use Firefox and download helper to capture the video and save it, I can play the video with Smplayer with no ill effects. It plays and closes just fine. It's just when I use Seamonkey or Firefox that this happens.

I have upgraded the kernel and had upgrades to both Seamonkey and Firefox. I have recompiled the nvidia drivers as well. The nvidia drivers, kernel and other info is here:

root@fireball / # equery list seamonkey
[ Searching for package 'seamonkey' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] www-client/seamonkey-2.0.14 (0)
root@fireball / # equery list firefox
[ Searching for package 'firefox' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] www-client/firefox-3.6.17 (0)
root@fireball / # equery list nvidia
[ Searching for package 'nvidia' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] media-video/nvidia-settings-260.19.29 (0)
[I--] [ ~] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-260.19.44 (0)
root@fireball / # equery list xorg
[ Searching for package 'xorg' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] x11-base/xorg-drivers-1.9 (0)
[I--] [  ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.9.5 (0)
root@fireball / # uname -r
2.6.38-gentoo-r3
root@fireball / #

I have not tried a emerge -e world yet. I may do that when KDE 4.6.3 is released.

Does anyone have any clue as to what could cause this? If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)