Mick wrote:
On Wednesday 04 May 2011 23:04:09 Dale wrote:
Hi folks,

I noticed something weird but I'm not sure what to even search for to
get a fix.  When I play a video with Seamonkey or Firefox, then close
the tab or close the browser, the video is still there.
Have you checked if xulrunner and the adobe flash plugin is still running
*after* you shut down seamonkey/FF?

I noticed on a 32bit machine that the latest stable xulrunner/FF update (or
was it the nss&  nspr libs that caused this) has increased both CPU&  memory
consumption, but can't say for sure.

That I have not tried. I do think that it got worse after the upgrade of flash. I can't recall which version was the last that did it tho. I have upgraded flash stuff and browser stuff so I can't point to which is causing what.

I have noticed a larger use of memory tho. I have 16Gbs here and it uses a good bit more than it used to. Maybe another upgrade will reduce it back down. Wonder why programs have to use so much now? Maybe the new html5 will change that. ;-)

I'm waiting on it to do it again. It is random but I don't recall it ever doing it on youtube. I spend a lot of time there. lol

Dale

:-)  :-)