On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Michael Kintzios wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Tero Grundstrm [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 August 2005 08:46
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to control portage space usage

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Fernando Meira wrote:

It is up to you how to rearrange them but I suggest that you
have only
these partitions for Gentoo:

/boot
/
/home (optional but recommended)
(+swap)

You could have a separate /usr or /usr/portage partition so that when/if
it runs out of space, your system continues to run despite the emerge
coming to a halt.

I don't don't know if this is very practical, atleast without a volume manager.

Besides, isn't this taken care of by the filesystem already? I know that ext2/3 preserve a persentage of the partition size for root especially for these cases.

--
T.G.