Alan McKinnon wrote:
Apparently, though unproven, at 16:38 on Thursday 12 May 2011, Dale did opine
thusly:

Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2011 08:46:32 -0500, Dale wrote:
So, you think most of the KDE users were happy to see support for KDE3
being dropped, especially considering KDE4 was much less than stable?
For me and a lot of others, it was worthless at first.  It was good eye
candy but not functional even for the little I do.
I didn't switch until 4.3 or 4.4, KDE 3.5 worked fine for me up until
then. It probably still works just as well now as part of the Trinity
project.
Which supports my point.  Maintain KDE3 until KDE4 is stable and
usable.  If it is still working, which I think it is tho some fixes have
had to be made, then why couldn't KDE support KDE3 just a little while
longer.

So here's two killer questions for you:

1. How much money did you pay towards KDE dev salaries overall?
2. How many times does your name appear in KDE Changelogs?

While the answer to both is "zero" you do not get to complain.

Here's another killer:

Q. What's the difference between KDE devs and Dale?
A: KDE devs launched an editor and typed code.

Your questions don't disprove what me and others have posted. As I have said on the KDE mailing list, KDE made a serious mistake dropping KDE3 before KDE4 was ready. I didn't make that decision so it is not my mistake regardless of what is paid or not paid or what effort I have or have not put into it. There is a LOT of things that are beyond my control but it doesn't mean I don't have the right to point out a mistake. I point it out so that hopefully it won't be made again.

Dale

:-)  :-)