On 26. 5. 2011 21:04, Michael Sullivan wrote:
A couple of days ago I applied via etc-update a new init script and conf
file for dovecot.  Now I cannot get local LAN mail from it.  I was
previously able to.

I do not know which dovecot version you had before,
but 2.0.11 is the first 2.x in portage, so I suppose
it was 1.x

I remember updating from 1.x to 2.x was not so easy.
etc-update did not help me, configurtion changed a lot.
I had to edit a few new files in /etc/dovecot/conf.d,
some concerning authentication (10-auth.conf, auth-*)...

Jarry