On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Allan Gottlieb <gottl...@nyu.edu> wrote:
> Since I don't teach again until sept, this seems like a good time to try
> gnome 3.  Before I do, I wonder how others have fared.
>
> This is gnome 3 vs gnome 2 (not kde).
>
> thanks,
> allan
>
> PS my system is ~amd64.

I actually like it a lot. However, a lot of things are not
customizable, and several other things behave completely different
from GNOME 2. I've been using it since the last month or so, and I
think I'm already used to the new UI. I believe it's a little faster
than GNOME 2, and it definitely get less in the way to actually do
work.

Just my opinion. Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés