As I was booting an old laptop I noticed a message coming up telling me that
the /etc/modprobe.d/irda file will be done away with in future versions.

Are these files now deprecated?  Are we meant to fit everything in
/etc/conf.d/modules as per the OpenRC migration page?

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml

Most of the /etc/modprobe.d/* files were created at the time I installed
packages and include aliases for character device drivers and what not - of
course I have a couple which I set up myself.  Not all of the info has been
transferred over to /etc/conf.d/modules;  e.g.

        alias char-major-161 ircomm-tty

Am I supposed to copy such stuff over to /etc/conf.d/modules myself, or am I
going to mess up the new way of configuring modules?
--
Regards,
Mick