Apparently, though unproven, at 00:38 on Monday 30 May 2011, Harry Putnam did
opine thusly:

> Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@arcor.de> writes:
> > If you have modules you wish to get loaded automatically on boot,
> > only then put entries for them in /etc/conf.d/modules.
>
> Sorry to butt in and change the subject slightly:
>
> Do you happen to know the exact syntax for that kind of rule or
> whatever it's called.
>
> I've been trying to auto load the `fuse' module using this:
>
>   modules=fuse
>
> Which appears to be the proper syntax judging from the comments in
> the stub file provided (/etc/conf.d/modules).
>
> But `fuse' never gets auto loaded.  There must be something more or
> different it needs.

Your syntax is correct. I suspect a module loading issue (not a config issue).
The answer is likely in your dmesg or messages log

:-)

can you successfully "modprobe fuse" after first login?

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com