Hi, Gentoo.

I've now managed to play CDs in Gnome, primarily by adding myself to the
cdrom group.  I do wish all these restrictions, enforced by group
membership, could be switched off.

Having played a CD, I discover there's no way to eject it; the physical
button on the drive is inactive until I exit from Gnome, which is
clearly suboptimal.

However, if I start Gnome as root, I can eject a CD trouble freely.
But running as root is also suboptimal.

So, I thought, maybe this "feature" is another pesky group restriction.
So I tried adding myself to group "disk", then to group "cdrw", all to
no avail.  I still couldn't eject the disk.

Help, please!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).