On Wednesday 01 June 2011 11:52:25 Pandu Poluan wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 03:35, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 31 May 2011 21:02:46 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > I see.  In my head it is as if we're going against the udev principle of
> > populating required device nodes.  If udev does not start, isn't it time
> > to head for the nearest LiveCD, or must we ensure that every breakage
> > is fixable in single-user mode?
>
> There are cases for each, but I personally prefer going single-user.
> Especially when working on virtualized servers.

+1
Even though with virtualized servers, using Xen, it's possible to access the
filesystem easily from the host.

I do prefer to have the option for a single-usermode to fix things as I tend to
disconnect CD-drives in servers to keep the CD-drives from killing themselves
by being powered non-stop.

--
Joost