Apparently, though unproven, at 10:49 on Thursday 02 June 2011, András Csányi
did opine thusly:

> Hi All,
>
> Something strange happen here. I have seen few things in Linux world
> but this is very new for me!
>
> I have this fantastic browser called Chromium (12.0.742.68) and I
> really like it. But, sometimes, when I see flash videos on different
> sites (youtube, cnn, bbc) the whole chromium become frozen and basicly
> impossible to kill it. (The comfortable way is left click on the
> taskbar and choose "Close" and KDE takes care of to kill the
> application. ) I'm aware of I'm using Linux and the Linux desktop and
> the flash are not the best friends ever. So my usual activity if my
> browser become frozen by flash is the next: (1), start a konsole, (2),
> start htop, (3) and kill the process, (4) restart the browser, (5)
> happy.

[snip]

> While I wrote this letter Chromium become crazy again - thanks the
> automatic save few words has lost this letter - and I know that the
> root cause the Chromium itself and the flash isn't matter. Flash just
> make faster that process when Chromium become crazy.

No, you are probably wrong here.

Chromium is not the problem, Flash is the problem.

Flash is a piece of shit that has never worked right and Adobe are a bunch of
fools that cannot code properly or securely. I can comfortably say this based
on long hard bitter experience by the entire Linux community.

If you choose to use Flash, you get to put up with the resulting problems.

> My plan is the next:
> - rebuild my whole system because it's necessary. This is a very fresh
> install and gcc has changed.
> - step back to earlier version of chromium
> - try to reproduce this error with another browser
> - pray to God :)
> - switch off the computer and read The Wheel of Time series from
> Robert Jordan :)

Waste of time, won't fix anything.

Flash is a bundled binary and recompiling world will not recompile Flash.

Adobe fixing Flash is what will fix Flash.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com