2011/6/22 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>:
> On Wednesday 22 June 2011 10:49:04 Daniel Pielmeier did opine thusly:
>>
>> I guess it displays the USE settings how they should be and
>> afterwards prints the required changes. Or does it build fltk with
>> USE="-cairo" if you just type emerge -av fltk?
>
> emerge -av fltk
>
> gives exactly the same output as above. The dillo ebuild doesn't seem
> to be causing this change in behaviour:
>
> RDEPEND="x11-libs/fltk:2[-cairo,jpeg=,png=]
>
> What it looks like is portage is insisting the package.use explicitly
> states the USE flags needed. This is wrong and I am not about to bloat
> package.use to cater for every "built with use" occurrence. Or perhaps
> it's now only looking at installed deps and not it's own dep graph
> when emerge runs.
>
> Portage should only care about whether the package is already built
> with use, or will be according to the dep graph

So you get the same recommendation about the use flag change?

If you have USE="cairo" in make.conf or it is enabled via some profile
(desktop?) you have to add >=x11-libs/fltk-2.0_pre6970-r1 -cairo to
package.use to override this on a per package basis. I think there is
no way around this.

--
Regards,
Daniel