Hi, Adam.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:07:02PM +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
> >> No you just need to rebuild it, so emerge xf86-input-evdev

> > This problem hit me too.  Can you give us an explanation for needing to
> > rebuild evdev?  Was there some missing dependency in an ebuild, or
> > something?

> If you update xorg (which OP didnt list, but a new version just went
> stable) you need to rebuild its drivers (unless they were
> automatically rebuilt due to version bump).

Hmm.  Recompiling the same source code produces a different binary?
Presumably, it uses C macros in a .h file which is part of xorg.  Or
something like that.

So evdev depends on xorg.  Isn't there a way of expressing this in
evdev's ebuild?  Something like the DEPEND variable?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).