Peter Humphrey wrote:
On Thursday 30 June 2011 15:45:40 Dale wrote:
Peter Humphrey wrote:
Hmm. Could be. I'll try setting those in my Gentoo kernel and see if it
hangs.

Thanks Alan. I did grep for "lockup" without success, so I suppose I
must have mistyped it.
Use grep -i.  That should ignore the case.  Sometimes things are in all
caps, all lower case or some mix.  With -i, it doesn't matter.

Hope that helps.
Thank you Dale. I did know that.

The phrase I remember seeing is "random lockups", so perhaps I only grepped
for "lockups", which wouldn't have found the items Alan suggested.

Just wanted to make sure. I sometimes forget the -i and miss something. It can cost a lot of time when looking for something in a large file.

Dale

:-)  :-)