Michael Kintzios wrote:

> [...]

Is this right? AFAIK, non-profits don't actually make "profits" at all,
they have surpluses. The surpluses can't be redistributed as such
(though of course a non-profit could give money away, though would
probably need justification) but they are surpluses that in theory
"should be" reinvested/spent.
I really don't see any reason whatsoever for spinning off a company for
these reasons. In any case, if the company remains wholly owned by the
mozilla foundation then the problem won't go away - if the foundation
decides to withdraw capital it will still be "surplus". I guess the
company could then be sold but I can't see how it would differ from any
other company that is paid to be the guider of an OSS project...
I may be wrong about my assumptions but would be interested to know if
that is wrong...
Cheers
Antoine