Holly Bostick wrote:
> I have the "right" to observe, and I also have
> the "right" to record my observations,

Yes, as an individual you have that right (unless you're observing
military installations :).  But Google is a company, and companies
are bound to some rules:

http://home.planet.nl/~privacy1/wbp_en_rev.htm

Or in a more understandable form (but in Dutch):

http://www.justitie.nl/themas/meer/hoofdlijnen_wbp.asp

In short: "Organisations may only collect and use personal data for
a well-defined goal.  This goal they must define up front, before
starting the collection of data.  They may not collect more data
than strictly necessary for that goal."  Etcetera, etcetera.

Benno